Dealing With Storm Damage to Your Home
There is no worse feeling for a homeowner than finding a leak. Where did it come from? How long has it been there? Roof leaks are generally the result of some sort of roof damage that hasn’t been repaired. Depending on how old your roof is, the damage can get pretty extensive. The most common form of roof damage typically occurs during a hail storm. Hail can result in a good amount of damage to any roof, new or old. If you suspect hail damage for your Forney, TX, contact Approved Roofing. We can start helping you today. Dial (972) 742-3071 to get started.
Signs of Hail Damage
How do you know if your roof has hail damage? Hail damage looks like different things on every different home. The level of damage will vary on so many different factors, but there are still several things to look for. Taking the time to look for these signs can help prevent further damage to your property.
- Granules Everywhere: This is a big indication of damage. All shingles are heavily coated with layers of granules that help aid in waterproofing and more. If you notice a film of granules around your home or piled up in gutters, you likely have damage.
- Missing Shingles: In some instances, between the wind and the hail, you really can lose pieces of your roof. Shingles can easily be broken and ripped from the roof, exposing the underlying decking to the elements.
- Dented Gutters: Sometimes you don’t need to look directly at the roof to know there is damage. Dents, dings, and damage to your gutters can be a clear indication that hail has caused some degree of damage.
- Leaks: While it’s ideal to find roof damage before something bad happens, that isn’t always the case. You may find damage to your roof through a roof leak inside your home.
A hail damage roof leak is something that many homeowners will have to deal with at some point in time. Just like many homeowners will have to deal with the need for burst pipe repair. Whatever you need, make sure that you work with the experts. Professional services will almost always guarantee quality results that will last.
What To Do About Hail Damage
So once you’ve identified any possible damage, what do you do next? The next step would be to repair it as soon as possible. Failure to do so can result in a variety of costly problems for you. Namely, leaks. A damaged and unrepaired roof is more likely to leak. More than that, it is more likely to cause other problems that involve other parts of your home, such as your HVAC system. A damaged roof will allow air to enter and escape when it shouldn’t. This can cause your HVAC system to have to work overtime to keep up with the internal temperatures. Not only will you have expensive roof repair costs, but your electric bills will be higher than usual. While you can look up things like hail damage and how to repair it, it is honestly better to rely on a professional. An expert contractor will be able to find damage, determine the extent of the damage, and make the necessary repairs. Depending on what you need, you can schedule asphalt shingle repair with Approved Roofing. We are the leading roofing company in the area, offering a variety of storm and roofing services. Whatever you may need, we can take care of it.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is hail damage to roof covered by insurance?
- If there is a leak that has been caused by hail damage, then your insurance provider will likely cover the necessary repairs. However, if there is extensive damage to your roof that is more than just damage caused by hail, insurance will not likely cover it.
- Can hail damage cause roof leaks?
- Yes, it can. Hail can affect your roof in a variety of ways. It can knock granules off shingles, causing them to be less effective at keeping water out. If the temperature is cold enough and the hail is big enough, it can physically knock shingles off of your roof. The result is a vulnerable roof that is more likely to leak.
- How do I know if my roof is impact resistant?
- There are a couple of different ways to determine that. If possible, there is a classification on the cellophane on the underside of a shingle. You can also drop a weighted ball onto the shingles to see how they react.
- Why is hail damage bad for roof?
- It’s bad for your roof because the damage of a hail storm can vary greatly. More than that, it can be very difficult to identify hail damage until it’s too late. This kind of damage can result in damaged shingles, leaks, and more.
Schedule an Appointment With Us Today
Damage to your roof needs to be addressed as quickly as possible. When you have hail damage in Forney, TX, rely only on Approved Roofing for assistance. Call us at (972) 742-3071 to schedule an appointment today.